![]() |
The Afternoon Blouse pattern is very
easy to fit and true to the measurements provided on the pattern. I cut a size
12 and moved the arm cycle down slightly. For some silly reason when I was
making my muslin I cut a 14 in the shoulders instead of just moving the arm
cycle down... not sure what I was thinking but I fixed it up on the real go ‘round.
I purchased my fabric, some red birdie voile, at the same time as my Winifred
Dress fabric for 40% off. A dear friend was shopping with me at the time and
also purchased some red birdie fabric. She ended up making some PJ pants
and told me when she saw my blouse it made her want snuggle up in bed and read
a book. HA!
Jen mentions in her pattern
instructions to take your time when you are sewing the detail section of the
neckline and it is good advice as this part can be a little tricky if you are a
bit of a lead foot with the machine peddle (like me). If you take it nice and
slow however you should have no problems. I was busy trying to match up the
bird pattern on the fabric and lost focus for a bit so my detail is a little
wonky... oops! I matched the pattern a little too well, with that and the fact
that I used a covered button in the same fabric it makes the detail a little
hard to see.
The Afternoon Blouse is the perfect
pattern for a beginner, the instructions are very well written and easy to
follow. The fit is wonderfully forgiving and suited to all shapes, making the
initial fitting stage of the sewing process a pleasure. I could imagine this
would be the perfect teaching pattern for a beginners sewing class.
I love my blouse, so much. I could tell
from the first time I wore it that I am going to wear it until it falls apart
(hopefully that won’t happen for many years). I will probably just mend it and
keep wearing it anyway. The Afternoon Blouse is such a quick easy make, not to
mention very stylish. A classic wardrobe staple that I will turn to time and
time again. I am already thinking about my next one (two & three), I think
I’ll use the square neck detail next and I plan to go through my Nan’s button
jar so I can make it that extra bit special.
I can’t wait to see what’s next in the
line of Jennifer Lauren Vintage Sewing Patterns.
Caitlan x
P.S Being a blogger newbie, I am wondering if it is just me or if anyone else has the problem of the image colors changing when loaded into blogger? They are fine when I edit them but once added to my post they become much brighter and a little bit pixely.
P.S Being a blogger newbie, I am wondering if it is just me or if anyone else has the problem of the image colors changing when loaded into blogger? They are fine when I edit them but once added to my post they become much brighter and a little bit pixely.



Love the blouse, you look so relaxed in it! Nice work.
ReplyDeleteLove the blouse! i bookmarked it (OK Pinned it) for the next warm season! I think you can politely ask Blogger to not adjust colours in your posts. I think there is an option somewhere,but I can't remember where. i will have a look and let you know if I find it, OK?
ReplyDeleteOh you should absolutely make an Afternoon Blouse. So quick and easy to make up and lovely to wear. I've been wearing mine still now its cooler with a cardi. Jennifer Lauren Vintage has just released a second pattern, The Bronte Top that I'm dying to try also. I'd love to hear if blogger have a fix if you find one! Thank you :)
Delete